Re: Help with SET TRANSACTION in a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Help with SET TRANSACTION in a function
Date
List pgsql-general
On 28 Feb 2002, OtisUsenet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone here can help.  I could not get any help on
> pgsql-sql  nor pgsql-general mailing lists.
>
> I'm having trouble getting functions with SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION
> ... to parse.

Without nested transactions, you're not going to have any luck I think.
First of all the extra begin/end in the function are not allowed and
IIRC, set transaction isolation level must be the first statement of the
transaction which it won't be since the enclosing transaction will have
started the select simple_fun().