Re: More time zones - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: More time zones
Date
Re: More time zones  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > No, the Australians complained about the compile-time flag, and were
> > very happy when it became a GUC parameter.  I only mentioned to say that
> > conflicting timezone issues are obviously a problem for some, and we did
> > resolve it with GUC.
>
> OK, I've just realised I haven't set our server to use Australian
> timezones - how do you do this with GUC?  Can I put something in
> postgresql.conf?  I don't want to issue an extra query for every connection
> to set it.  I had a look at the timezone section of the manual and didn't
> see anything about it...?

Hmm, let's see... Hmm, I don't see anything.  Maybe it isn't there.  Oh,
there it is:
#australian_timezones = false

Is that it?  I think so.  I am not 100% sure.  Yes, I think that is it.

:-)

Smiley's all around.  :-)

Pennsylvania19026