Re: How do I return more than one value in a postgresql pl/pgsql procedure? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: How do I return more than one value in a postgresql pl/pgsql procedure?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:56:53PM -0500, Mark Nielsen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am have been trying to figure out how I can get a pl/pgsql procedure
> to return more than one variable or perhaps a row. A procedure you
> create can accept more than one variable, I don't see why it shoudn't be
> able to return more than one variable in some fashion.I read rumors that
>  pl/pgsql can return rows (which would contain one or more variables
> per row), but I didn't find hard examples of how to do it.

See this:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-cursors.html

Especially the section "Using Cursors". This is the 7.3devel
documentation, but this section should work just as well for 7.2 (this
WON'T work for 7.1 and below).
> What table lists the stored procedures you created with pl/pgsql or
> pl/perl? I was trying to find it with /dS in psql, but I didn't see
> anything obvious.

pg_proc

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net/      http://www.sdl.usu.edu/ - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

Dammit no!  Don't pick on the pho^$ L%æ#!ø¯