Re: Going through email - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Going through email
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > As you can see, I am going through the items we put on hold while in 7.2
> > beta and am asking for updated patches if avaialble.  I will be moving
> > patches that are ready to the patches area and will announce this so
> > they can be reviewed before application.
>
> I can see this procedure leading into chaos.  Most of the patches I see in
> the 48-hour queue are wrong.  The authors have not addressed the concerns
> that were raised during the initial discussion and you're just picking up
> the last state of the patch.
>
> Please flush the patch queue completely and make the authors submit a new
> patch with a clear explanation.

I can do that but I tried to put in only the good ones.  What I can do
instead is to restore the old patches2 file and allow people like you
and Tom to decide which ones should be applied.  Is that what people
want?  You will then be able to download the mailbox file and open it in
your mailer.  Let me know what people want.  I am not sure this is
working either.  It is my first time trying this.

Pennsylvania19026