Re: game db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Juan Jose Comellas
Subject Re: game db
Date
List pgsql-general
If you need a full-blown SQL database, PostgreSQL is an excellent option. We
are running very intensive queries on it and it performs very good.

If you are writing a game that does not need multiple processes accessing the
database at the same time you may find it better to use an embedded database.
For this purpose you can use GigaBASE
(http://www.ispras.ru/~knizhnik/gigabase.html), which is a great database
that uses a subset of the SQL syntax for its queries and that is very fast
and easy to use.

--
Juan Jose Comellas
(juanjo@comellas.org)