Re: UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> You are right, Yudit shows an invalid UTF-8 character.
>
> For example, record OID 20643 has invalid =E3=82 character. But, when
> querying the PostgreSQL 7.1.3 database, I can see the missing character which
> displays well in Apache/PHP.

How did you judge "displays well"? Can you show me the window capture?

The broken UTF-8 (E3/82/27) should be E3/82/92 by guessing from a
consistency and grammertical correctness as Japanese according to
Hiroshi (and I agree with him).
--
Tatsuo Ishii