Re: [HACKERS] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: [HACKERS] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2
Date
Re: [HACKERS] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
List pgsql-odbc
Dear friends,

> Hard to believe it's a pg_dump bug.
You are right, Yudit shows an invalid UTF-8 character.

For example, record OID 20643 has invalid =E3=82 character. But, when
querying the PostgreSQL 7.1.3 database, I can see the missing character which
displays well in Apache/PHP.

It seems to be a pg_dump bug or a peculiar kind of UTF-8 (is there any
difference between Windows / Unix ?). There are hundreds of errors in the
complete dump. But the data displays always well.

How can I test the database further in psql or in PHP. I would like to query
record OID 20643 and see if E3/82 is there or not. Any idea how to proceed?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE