Re: Solaris Performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Solaris Performance
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 06:31:13PM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
> Just had a thought,
>
> It would be interesting to know how PostgreSQL performs on Linux on
> SPARC, compared to how it performs on Solaris on SPARC.
>
> Assuming PostgreSQL runs on Linux on SPARC (can't remember).

It does. Debian has successfully built 7.1.3 on basically every architecture
supported, which include SPARC. Unfortunatly they don't run the regression
tests so it's not clear if all the compiler warnings are meaningless.

http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=postgresql

> Has anyone ever done decent testing of this?

I just got a SPARC box but it's not configured in any way. If I ever get it
working, I'll try it out.

Anybody else?
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>