Re: Solaris Performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Solaris Performance
Date
List pgsql-general
Just had a thought,

It would be interesting to know how PostgreSQL performs on Linux on
SPARC, compared to how it performs on Solaris on SPARC.

Assuming PostgreSQL runs on Linux on SPARC (can't remember).

Has anyone ever done decent testing of this?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Mark kirkwood wrote:

> >scratches head ... ]  I didn't think there was anything particularly
> >system-dependent about the sorting code.  Have you tried profiling, or
> >anything to determine where the Solaris version is spending its time?
>
> No... Have not tried these queries again - had some grumpy developers
> monstering me about the machine responsiveness...( err what is that
> postgres process with 100% of 1 cpu doing ? etc)
>
> I will try profiling the query when they forgive me
>
> regards
>
> Mark

   - Indira Gandhi