Re: passing resource id's through functions - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Brent R. Matzelle
Subject Re: passing resource id's through functions
Date
List pgsql-php
--- Culley Harrelson <Culley_Harrelson@pgn.com> wrote:
> DBBalancer looks interesting.  Looks like you are part of the
> development team with this project?  What sort of performance
> difference to you see?  When I made the decision to go with
> php/postgres as my primary development technologies I never even
> started using persistant connections because of all the mixed
> reviews.  The database is local to the web server and performance
> is fine.  I would be interested in hearing more about this
> connection pooling though...

There is another connection pooling software piece that supports many
more databases that you might want to take a look at.  It is called
SQL Relay and it works with PHP, C++, Perl, Java, etc:

http://www.firstworks.com/sqlrelay.html

Brent