Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] 7.4Beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm thinking instead of a way to "cache" entire executors for this. Each
> SPI plan used during a transaction would need it's own executor, and I
> don't know offhand what type and how much resources an executor requires
> (I think it's only some memory that get's initialized and the VFD's
> opened).

Hmm.  This is probably more feasible now than it would have been a year
ago, because I did some cleanup work to ensure that executor state is
localized into a specific memory context.  I'm not certain about the
amount of overhead either, but it's surely worth a try.