Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking
Date
List pgsql-patches
> In retrospect we should probably have told you to start with that there
> was no point in trying to get QNX6 support into 7.2.  A localized patch
> (only adding port/qnx6/ directory and contents, no changes to shared
> files) perhaps would have been accepted two weeks ago, but by the time
> you had refined your submission down to that we were a lot closer to
> release than we were at the start of the discussion.

The minute the first patch appeared, I said it was too late and would be
in 7.3.  and put it in the queue:

    http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches2

Igor didn't like that so I gave ideas to see if it could be trimmed down
and slipped in.  I thought trimmed-down version might make it, but even
then, the odds were against it.  I said I would pitch it to the group as
best I could.

At a certain point, even the work of verifying a patch is 100% safe is
too much work, and we are better off moving on.

Igor, it is not a personal thing about you or the patch.  It is just the
mechanics of getting a release out.  We can't make everyone happy, and
you are seeing that now.