Re: regress test db - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masaru Sugawara
Subject Re: regress test db
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:27:12 -0500 (EST)
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> wrote:

> AFAIK the regress test database is working again.  If anyone's having
> a problem with it let me know.
Hi, VinceNot a problem, but...I pondered whether the several examples, which is used nestedEXCEPT/INTERSECT/UNION among
threeSELECTs at the "Operator precedenceand (((((extra))))) parentheses" in the ../regress/sql/union.sql,have the case
likea query returning an incorrect result in v7.1.* (e.g. See below) or not.  Finally, the reconfirmation may lead me
toconcludethat the examples can't reflect the behavior of the fixednested EXCEPT/INTERSECT(Thanks Tom).  I wish there
wassomething newto be able to demonstrate the fixed.

SELECT q1 FROM int8_tblINTERSECT ALLSELECT q2 FROM int8_tblINTERSECTSELECT q2 FROM int8_tbl;
 q1----- 123           <--NG(1 row)

SELECT q1 FROM int8_tblINTERSECTSELECT q2 FROM int8_tbl INTERSECTSELECT q2 FROM int8_tbl;
 q1         ----- 123           <--NG(1 row)

SELECT q1 FROM int8_tbl INTERSECT ALLSELECT q2 FROM int8_tblEXCEPTSELECT q2 FROM int8_tbl WHERE q2 < 1000;
 q1----(0 rows)           <--NG

SELECT q1 FROM int8_tblINTERSECTSELECT q2 FROM int8_tblEXCEPT ALLSELECT q2 FROM int8_tbl WHERE q2 < 1000;
 q1----(0 rows)           <--NG

TIA,Masaru Sugawara