Re: Triggers, functions and column names: a poser - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grant Table
Subject Re: Triggers, functions and column names: a poser
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 17 November 2001 04:53, Gurunandan R. Bhat wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I had just written one such beast recently which in addition to
> what you want also writes the values of the updated/inserted fields as a
> serialised string. I wrote this primarily to replicate two databases with
> a perlscript that reads this "logtable" and then talks to a remote
> database with an expect-send sequence. I am currently writing an article
> describing this which I was planning to submit to the
> techdocs.postgresql.org site. IAC here's the code. I have also included
> the droptrigger utility which well .. drops the triggers should something
> bad happen. Hope you find this useful.

(code snipped)

Hi

many thanks for the reply and the code. Pointed me in the right direction :-))

(as it happens a selective limited replication probably using a
cronjob-triggered Perl script is one aim of the action).

Thanks again

Grant.