Re: error: Relation 'tableName' does not exist ? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Christof Glaser
Subject Re: error: Relation 'tableName' does not exist ?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Monday, 5. November 2001 02:32, Michael Coughlin wrote:
> Unless I create a table, using psql, I've noticed that tables, that I
> created with pgAccess or Microsoft Access, are NOT visible in pSQL
> i.e. I get the error:  "Relation 'tableName' does not exist".  If I
> list tables, using    \d    , psql can "see" the tables; yet, I can't
> select from them without receiving "Relation 'tableName' does not
> exist".

Do the table names contain upper case letters? Then you must quote them,
like: SELECT * FROM "tableName";

Perhaps this helps a bit?

Christof Glaser
--   gl.aser . software engineering . internet service      http://gl.aser.de/ . Planckstraße 7 . D-39104 Magdeburg