plperl and table/record access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordan Bobic
Subject plperl and table/record access
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi.

How do I manipulate data in tables from within plperl? Can I, for example,
issue SQL statements from within plperl functions? I haven't managed to find
any documentation on this subject. Can anyone point me in the correct
direction, please? I'm trying to write some trigger functions...

I have seen an example with the plperl function that performs a calculation
on each row of a table, but it is not explained anywhere how to insert
records, or how to locate specific records without having to loop through the
entire database. I presume that DBI will not work, given the need for setting
up separate database connections, authentication, etc.

Thanks.

Gordan