Re: oid's in views. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aasmund Midttun Godal
Subject Re: oid's in views.
Date
List pgsql-sql
No, many of the tables have primary keys already, serial, single key or several keys. I don't want to 'serialize' every
table,because it does not make sense.

Oid's however are very usefull as I can use them as a primary key on any table.

Regards,

Aasmund.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:38:16 -0700, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Aasmund,
>

> You'd still be better off defining your own SERIAL columns and/or
> primary keys and using those.  Some Trigger types require referencing
> the OID, but that's about it.
>
> -Josh
>
> ______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________
>                                        Josh Berkus
>   Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com
>    and data management solutions       (415) 565-7293
>   for law firms, small businesses        fax 621-2533
>     and non-profit organizations.      San Francisco

Aasmund Midttun Godal

aasmund@godal.com - http://www.godal.com/
+47 40 45 20 46