Re: psql: default base and password reading - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: psql: default base and password reading
Date
List pgsql-patches
> The password reading patch may be useful, but I suggest that you
> reverse the meaning of the option, so that you do not change the
> current behavior.  This would be a normal practice for backward
> compatibility.

I like the /dev/tty fix.  I assumed we always read passwords from
/dev/tty and not stdin.  I know of no other software that even allows
passwords from stdin.  You usually have to use 'expect' for that very
purpose.  I would not even supply an option to read it from stdin.