Re: SQL-Programmer tool and field%type support - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: SQL-Programmer tool and field%type support
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 03:37:14PM +0200, Mourad EL HADJ MIMOUNE wrote:
>  Hi,
>  I'm looking for PL/SQL programmer tool. I wanted to use SQL-Programmer but
> it
>  doesn't support Postgres data base.
>  Please can sommeone suggest me an other tool wich can replace this one or
>  explaine me how we can use SQLProgrammer with Postgres if it is possible.
I don't know such tool.The documentation has some advices on tools/ways to program in
PL/pgSQL.

> I have an other question about the use of %type and alias in PL/SQL.  So the
> excution of functions containing varibales of type maytable.field1%type
> prompts parser errors.
> error on the creation of the function :
> create function test (int) returns maytable.field1%type as' ...
This syntax is not supported in PG 7.1. AFAIK, it will be supported in
PG 7.2.You can use function overloading if you need the same function to
return different types.-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net      http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

Information is the greatest weapon of power to the modern wizard.