Re: PG mailing list problems (was Re: Support issues) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Joerdens
Subject Re: PG mailing list problems (was Re: Support issues)
Date
List pgsql-general
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) [011005 13:58]:
> David Link <dlink@soundscan.com> writes:
> > I joined this mailing list on Tuesday.  And today, Friday, I still
> > haven't seen a single post.
>
> Marc, I think there is something rotten in Denmark: certain mail lists
> are not getting sent out to certain addresses, looks like.

I'm seeing a behaviour I'd describe as "bursty".  A day
of silence, followed by a deluge of messages, followed by silence ...
No ascertainable pattern.  I looked for problems on my end first, but
it's only affecting traffic from postgres.org.

-------------- end quote --------------

For me it only affects pgsl-general at the moment. The last mail I
received from there is dated 30 September. Mails form pgsl-hackers, sql,
interfaces and php are OK. I've seen "bursty" behaviour before too.

I was only able to reply to this thread by going to

http://archives2.us.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2001-10/msg00128.php

and copying the quoted mail above from the web page.

The only thing that is non-standard or queer (I don't really know
whether any mailers still pay attention to it) about our mail server is
that reverse lookup for it's IP address does not work at the moment (we
have a hidden primary and trying to do classless in-addr-arpa delegation
for our /28 subnet which our ISP seems to be confused about, I think).

Regards, Frank