Re: Unicode combining characters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Unicode combining characters
Date
Re: Unicode combining characters
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't think your search string is sufficient for a test.
> With 'aaa' it actually knows that it only needs to look at the
> first three characters of a. Imho you need to try something
> like liketest(a,'%aaa%').

Ok. I ran the modified test (now the iteration is reduced to 100000 in
liketest()). As you can see, there's huge difference. MB seems up to
~8 times slower:-< There seems some problems existing in the
implementation. Considering REGEX is not so slow, maybe we should
employ the same design as REGEX. i.e. using wide charcters, not
multibyte streams...

MB+LIKE
Total runtime: 1321.58 msec
Total runtime: 1718.03 msec