Re: Unicode combining characters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unicode combining characters
Date
Re: Unicode combining characters
List pgsql-hackers
> ... There seems some problems existing in the
> implementation. Considering REGEX is not so slow, maybe we should
> employ the same design as REGEX. i.e. using wide charcters, not
> multibyte streams...

Seems like a good thing to put on the to-do list.  In the meantime,
we still have the question of whether to enable multibyte in the
default configuration.  I'd still vote YES, as these results seem
to me to demonstrate that there is no wide-ranging performance penalty.
A problem confined to LIKE on long strings isn't a showstopper IMHO.