pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql jdbc1 ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org
Subject pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql jdbc1 ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    01/09/17 11:56:11

Modified files:
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1: ResultSetMetaData.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2: ResultSetMetaData.java

Log message:
    Attached is a patch that fixes ResultSetMetaData.isNullable() in
    the JDBC driver.

    This method is currently unimplemented and always returns
    ResultSetMetaData.columnNullable. This is obviously incorrect
    when a column is defined with NOT NULL or PRIMARY KEY. And we
    have to think of check constraints, views, functions etc.

    The patch simply changes the return value to
    ResultSetMetaData.columnNullableUnknown. This is until someone
    comes up with a real implementation of course.

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:53:50 +0200, Tomisaw Kity?ski wrote:
    >Hello there,
    >
    >could someone tell me, please, do I have any chance to get
    >proper implementation of above method in JDBC (1.1+) soon?
    >
    >Current "return 1" works fine on most tables, however it seems
    >to be a little bit incorrect with some of them ;)

    Ren? Pijlman