Bug #447: lost connection to back end - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #447: lost connection to back end
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Terry Hughes (terryhughes@kirkcudbright.freeserve.co.uk) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
lost connection to back end

Long Description
If I do a select in psql with a fairly large number of rows expected to be returned , i get a message to say that the
connectionto the back end has been terminated.

If i use a where clause to reduce the number of rows returned then all is well.

Is this a bug or is something in the documentation that I have missed.

Thanks Terry

Sample Code
select ref from geneoligy; Fails
select ref from geneoligy where ref like '1%' is OK

No file was uploaded with this report