pgsql/ /configure.in oc/src/sgml/client-auth.s ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject pgsql/ /configure.in oc/src/sgml/client-auth.s ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    scrappy@hub.org    01/09/05 23:23:38

Modified files:
    .              : configure.in
    doc/src/sgml   : client-auth.sgml
    src/backend/libpq: auth.c hba.c pg_hba.conf.sample
    src/include    : pg_config.h.in
    src/include/libpq: hba.h

Log message:
    PAM authentication:

    > pam_strerror() should be used a few more times, rather than just saying
    > "Error!".  Also, the configure.in snippet seems wrong.  You add
    > -I$pam_prefix/include/security to $INCLUDES and then you #include
    > <security/pam_appl.h>.  This whole thing is probably unnecessary, since
    > PAM is a system library on the systems where it exists, so the headers
    > and libraries are found automatically, unlike OpenSSL and
    > Kerberos.

    See attached revised patch. (I'm sure the configure.in stuff can be done
    right/better, I'm just not enough of a autoconf guru to know what to
    change it to.)

    Dominic J. Eidson