pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql Conne ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql Conne ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    scrappy@hub.org    01/09/05 23:13:34

Modified files:
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql: Connection.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1: Connection.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2: Connection.java

Log message:
    Attached is my attempt to clean up the horrors of the ExecSQL() method in
    the JDBC driver.

    I've done this by extracting it into a new method object called
    QueryExecutor (should go into org/postgresql/core/) and then taking it
    apart into different methods in that class.

    A short summary:

    * Extracted ExecSQL() from Connection into a method object called
    QueryExecutor.

    * Moved ReceiveFields() from Connection to QueryExecutor.

    * Extracted parts of the original ExecSQL() method body into smaller
    methods on QueryExecutor.

    * Bug fix: The instance variable "pid" in Connection was used in two
    places with different meaning. Both were probably in dead code, but it's
    fixed anyway.

    Anders Bengtsson