Bug #436: backend closed the channel unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #436: backend closed the channel unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Michael Ablass (ma@netresearch.de) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
backend closed the channel unexpectedly

Long Description
Using Postgresql 7.1.3 on Redhat 7.1 and 6.2, currently we have 2 projects running. a few days the databases do work
perfectly- then we get error message following. it seems not to be the problem of certain sql queries as sometimes
everythingworks and sometimes it does. we increased the amount of connections but it did not help. next thing: on
redhat6.2 the database seems to work more unstable than on the redhat 7.1 server.

Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: FATAL 1: This connection has been terminated by the administrator. pqReadData() --
backendclosed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
processingthe request. in /shares/maxtor1/home/httpd/server/global_classes/db_pgsql.inc on line 69
Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT * from offen where o_id='1' AND o_offen='J'
PostgreSQL Error: 1 (FATAL 1: This connection has been terminated by the administrator. pqReadData() -- backend closed
thechannel unexpectedly. This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
)
Session halted.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report