Build problem with CVS version - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Summerfield
Subject Build problem with CVS version
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I'm running on Red Hat Linux 7.1 with all official updates.

I have a problem or two with PostgreSQL and thought to test against the
CVS version so as to avoid the suggestion (as happened recently) to
"try this later version."

I particularly want to install the package in some out-of-the-way place
so
a) It doesn't replace the existing production version
b) I don't need root privilege.

To my dismay some components don't honour the "--prefix=/tmp/postgresql"
 specification and try to install in some other location.

I'd much prefer for the perl and python components to install into the
location I specified, and to leave me to discuss with Perl and Python
the question of how to make sure I get the right versions (or even
better, offer a handy hint).

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.