Re: --enable-syslog and Solaris 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: --enable-syslog and Solaris 7
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jue 30 Ago 2001 14:02, you wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 11:47:07AM -0300, Mart?n Marqu?s wrote:
> > > And, in /etc/syslog.conf, I have
> > >
> > > #Postgres logging
> > >
> > > local1.*    /opt/OXRS/logs/postgres/pg.log
> >
> > On Solaris, this those not work!
> > BTW, why local1? It should be postgres (thats the ident).
>
> I thought you had to specify the facility.  That's what the manpage
> for syslog.conf says, anyway:
>
>  The selector field contains a  semicolon-separated  list  of
>      priority specifications of the form:
>
>                facility.level [ ; facility.level ]
>
>      where facility is a system facility, or comma-separated list
>      of facilities, and level is an indication of the severity of
>      the condition being logged. Recognized values  for  facility
>      include:
>
>     [user, kern, . . . local0-7 . . .]

You are right about this:

I'll show you my configuration:

postgresql.conf:
#
#       Syslog
#
#ifdef ENABLE_SYSLOG
syslog = 1 # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'
#endif

/etc/syslog.conf:

local0.debug                    /var/log/postgresql

It worked for me!

> What's different about Solaris syslog (are the man pages wrong)?

Nothing, but you can't put something like this:

local0.*                    /var/log/postgresql

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?