Re: Default encoding in database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Default encoding in database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 11:04:39AM +0200, Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:
> If I do rebuild it with initdb will I still have all my data?

 No of course, initdb create everything again... but if you have
only templates DB you probably haven't some data, else you must
dump all your DB and backup it and rebuild templates.

> > >          List of databases
> > >   Database  |  Owner   | Encoding
> > > ------------+----------+-----------
> > >  template0  | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> > >  template1  | postgres | SQL_ASCII
> > > Jacob

 BTW, I don't understand why you don't create new databases by
CREATE DATABASE bar WITH ENCODING = 'foo' or by "createdb -E".

            Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/