Re: Configuration of ODBC-driver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject Re: Configuration of ODBC-driver
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a similar setup as you (PostgreSQL 7.1.2, MS
Access 97 and psqlodbc).  However, I use Win98, not
NT.

I changed the odbc configuration as follows:

Advanced Options (Driver)
  Select "Recognize Unique Indexes"
  Select "Use Declare/Fetch"
  Deselect "Read Only"

Advanced Options (Data Source)
  Deselect "Read Only"

I _strongly_ advise that you select "Use
Declare/Fetch".  It will prevent some queries from
timing out due to memory limitations.

Primary keys are recognized on my system
automatically.

Caveats:
1.  Primary keys are lost when exporting an Access
table to PostgreSQL.  You'll have to create unique
2.  If you drop your indexes to speed up copying,
remember to recreate them.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Gould

--- "Tille, Andreas" <TilleA@rki.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I�ve got the Win-ODBC driver for postgres from

ftp://ftp.de.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/dll/psqlodbc-07_01_0005.zip

majordomo@postgresql.org)