Configuration of ODBC-driver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tille, Andreas
Subject Configuration of ODBC-driver
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I´ve got the Win-ODBC driver for postgres from

  ftp://ftp.de.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/dll/psqlodbc-07_01_0005.zip

It works well with Postgres 7.1.  I just have the problem that the
information about primary indexes is not transmitted to Access if I
want to do a connection to external tables.  I checked the box
named "Recognize Unique Indexes" in the drivers "Advanced Options"
dialog but Access seems to take no notice and every time asks me
which fields can be used a unique index.  That´s quite boring and
I wonder if there are any other fields to change to get the information
right.

System Information:
  Server: Debian GNU/Linux with PostgreSQL 7.1.2
  Client: Win NT, Access 97 (if you need more detailed information about
          this box please ask - I´m very seldom on those kind of machines
          and don´t know what could be relevant)

Kind regards

         Andreas.

PS: Is this the right list for those kind of questions.