button tag problem - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Rene-Raphael
Subject button tag problem
Date
Re: button tag problem
List pgsql-php
Hello,
    Thanks for your emails. The BUTTON tag that i use in BOBDII is
different of the INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" TAG because of the value send to
the server and the text display in the form are different.

Example:
<input name="T_modify" type="submit" value="253">
At my knowledge, you must put the value of the primary key in the value
field and it will be show in the HTML document display by your browser.

But with the BUTTON tag, the value of the primary key is HIDDEN and you
can show to the user what you want in HTML!

<BUTTON NAME="T_modify" VALUE="253">
</BUTTON>

Looks cool but IE do not support the BUTTON tag that is a STANDARD HTML
4 TAG DEFINE BY W3C(.org) !?!?!?

  I suggest to you to visit this site, the W3C give a free demo browser
for Windows and Unix named AMAYA that support all HTML 4 tags. I try it
and it give a very ugly display but it works. I do not know another 100%
HTML 4 compatible browser exept from Icab(.de), a Mac alternative one
and i do not know why Microsoft do not support this tag...

Some of my friends who are not developper like very must this tag
because of you can generate very attractive HTML pages.

If nobody wants the BUTTON tag, i will use the old friend INPUT tag.

    Yours,
    Rene-Raphael Pautasso