Re: Configuration of statistical views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Configuration of statistical views
Date
Re: Configuration of statistical views  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>     If  somebody  wants  to  see  an applications querystring (at
>     least the first 512 bytes) just in case something goes  wrong
>     and  the client hangs, he'd have to run querystring reporting
>     all the time either way.

Agreed.  That should be on all the time.

>     So I can see value in a per database default  in  pg_database
>     plus the ability to switch it on/off via statement to analyze
>     single commands.

Sounds fine.  You may be able to just to a GUC/SET option and not do a
per-database field.  GUC doesn't do per-database and having a database
flag and GUC would be confusing.  Let's roll with just GUC/SET and see
how it goes.

Pennsylvania19026