Re: question on trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: question on trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
And you forwarded this to -jdbc because...?

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 11:10:58PM -0000, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Hi,all:
> This is my first time to use trigger. I try an example from programmer's
> guide. Firstly I save the procedure named trigf.c, then i try to comlile it
> by using SQL statement " create function trigf() returns opaque as
> '...path_to_so' language 'c' ", then I got error message as " Load of file
> /home/postgres/trigf.c failed: invalid ELF header ".  I don't know how to
> fix this, please help me out. Lots of thanks.

As far as I know, you need to compile the function as a dynamic object:

from:
http://postgresql.crimelabs.net/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user/sql-createfunction.htm
obj_file , link_symbol

       This form of the AS clause is used for dynamically-linked, C
language functions when the function name in the C language source code
is not the
       same as the name of the SQL function. The string obj_file is the
name of the file containing the dynamically loadable object, and
link_symbol, is
       the object's link symbol which is the same as the name of the
function in the C language source code.

Where did you find this example?

gh