[GENERAL] question on trigger - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From rui zhong
Subject [GENERAL] question on trigger
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,all:

This is my first time to use trigger. I try an example from programmer's
guide. Firstly I save the procedure named trigf.c, then i try to comlile it
by using SQL statement " create function trigf() returns opaque as
'...path_to_so' language 'c' ", then I got error message as " Load of file
/home/postgres/trigf.c failed: invalid ELF header ".  I don't know how to
fix this, please help me out. Lots of thanks.

The including H file in trigf.c is :

#include "executor/spi.h"  /*this is what you need to work with SPI */
#include "commands/trigger.h"   /*-"- and triggers */

extern Datum trigf(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);

PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(trigf);

Datum
trigf(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)