Re: Permissions & Ownership (BUG?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Waugh
Subject Re: Permissions & Ownership (BUG?)
Date
List pgsql-general
<quote who="Mart?n Marqu?s">

> Check out pg_hba.conf file. You can limit connections on database and locaion
> of the connection.

That's true for external connections, but... If I can authenticate, I can
'connect' to any of the databases hosted, which means that whilst I only own
'foo' database, I can look at 'bar', and see the tables, etc.

> > 2) Given this connection, it seems that any user can also CREATE a table in
> > any database, regardless of owner. They couldn't modify or delete objects,
> > but they can create them.
>
> Yes, I have pointed out this in the past. I hope it's in the tod list at
> least.

Ah, so it's not just me! :) Thanks for that.

- Jeff

--
  If Perl is gaffer, and Python is Magic Tape, then Ruby is self-adhesive
                                plate gold.