Re: Permissions & Ownership (BUG?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: Permissions & Ownership (BUG?)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sáb 09 Jun 2001 09:50, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having had a play with GRANT, REVOKE and database ownership, a couple of
> things have come to my attention. I'm pretty sure I've covered everywhere
> these may be explained in the documentation, but please send me off in the
> right direction if I've missed something:
>
> 1) There doesn't seem to be a way to limit connections to a particular
> database. This is okay, because you can remove PUBLIC rights from
> everything, but even the connection and visible tables are security
> concerns already.

Check out pg_hba.conf file. You can limit connections on database and locaion
of the connection.

> 2) Given this connection, it seems that any user can also CREATE a table in
> any database, regardless of owner. They couldn't modify or delete objects,
> but they can create them.

Yes, I have pointed out this in the past. I hope it's in the tod list at
least.

Saludos... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.