Re: What the heck is happening here? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Tomblin
Subject Re: What the heck is happening here?
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Alex Pilosov (alex@pilosoft.com):
> In mod_perl case, make sure that your stuff does not try to establish
> connections on startup, and only does that (using ApacheDBI to cache
> connections) when the page is requested.

Oh oh.  I *am* doing that - I make a connection to grab some stuff right
at start up, and keep that $conn for all the pages.  Is there a good
example of using ApacheDBI to cache connections using Pg.pm I can look at?

> Also, it is possible that every day some script tries to rotate logs and
> SIGHUPs the httpd. mod_perl may do strange stuff on restart. Try manually
> sending HUP to server and see what happens.

Actually, sending HUP to all the httpd processes is the only thing that
fixes it.  For a while.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin@xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
Courtroom Quotes