Re: One question about postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject Re: One question about postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes.  PostgreSQL has a COPY command that you can use
to import data from a delimited text file.  You will
have to create the table prior to using the copy
command.

The text file should have only one delimiter.  Many
text files use quotes to enclose text values in
addition to having a delimiter between data fields.
PostgreSQL doesn't handle this situation.  If you have
problems with this part, let me know.  There are ways
to fix this problem.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould