Re: SEP_CHAR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: SEP_CHAR
Date
Re: SEP_CHAR  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > Bruce Momjian writes:
> >> I see some use of SEP_CHAR for '/' in the source.  Do we want to use it
> >> consistenly, or not use it at all?  I can make the change.
>
> > I vote for not at all, since there is not at all a use for it.
>
> If it's not actually needed for the Cygwin port, I'd vote for taking it
> out.  It adds clutter to the sources, to no purpose.  Also, even if you
> fix it to be used consistently *every* place it should be, how long will
> it stay that way?  Seems practically unmaintainable to me.

I see it used by psql and pg_dump and I will leave them alone, assuming
/ is not hardeded elsewhere in that code.

Actually, it is:
           sprintf(psqlrc, "%s/.psqlrc", home);

so it seems NT handles '/' anyway.

Pennsylvania19026