Re: System catalog representation of access privileges - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: System catalog representation of access privileges
Date
List pgsql-hackers
So, this will remove the relacl field from pg_class, making pg_class
a fixed tuple-length table: that might actually speed access: there
are shortcircuits in place to speed pointer math when this is true.

The implementation looks fine to me, as well. How are group privileges
going to be handled with this system?

Ross

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:58:12PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Oldtimers might recall the last thread about enhancements of the access
> privilege system.  See
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/2000-05/msg01220.html
>
> to catch up.
>
> It was more or less agreed that privilege descriptors should be split out
> into a separate table for better flexibility and ease of processing.  The
> dispute was that the old proposal wanted to store only one privilege per
> row.  I have devised something more efficient:
>
> pg_privilege (

<snip>