Re: Re: [BUGS] three VERY minor things with 7.1 final - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Re: [BUGS] three VERY minor things with 7.1 final
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I'm tempted to rip out the configure check for sfio, but if it's only
> broken on some systems and really is useful on others, then we have to
> try to figure out how to tell if it's broken :-(

I just installed sfio here and built PostgreSQL with it and didn't see any
difference.  Which is not surprising because libsfio doesn't define any
symbols that PostgreSQL uses.  (It's a completely separate interface, all
the functions are named sf*.)  What you'd really need to use is libstdio
(plus libsfio), which is a wrapper.  So I removed the check in configure
because it obviously had a net negative benefit.

Those who want to use it can still add '-lstdio -lsfio' to LIBS.