Re: Where's the Database? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Where's the Database?
Date
List pgsql-docs
"Big Bad Data Daddy" wrote:
  >Hey List;
  >
  >I've been really getting into PostgreSQL attempting to rewrite my current
  >website ( www.HireLiveMusicians.com ) with a DB backend.  The site is
  >working on flat text files currently.  My question is for archiving/backing
  >up  and just general knowledge, where are my databases being stored by
  >default.  I've been creating the database logged on a specific user not
  >root.  I'm just curious, I know that I'm supposed to write scripts to create
  >the tables, triggers, indexes, etc and then import my exported data back
  >into the tables if something runs amiss.

Your databases are stored where you told initdb to put them.

When you create a new database it goes in the same directory as all the others;
ownership is not relevant to that, since all the files are owned by the
postgresql administrator login.

     "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to
      become the sons of God, even to them that believe on
      his name."    John 1:12