Re: Fast Forward (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Fast Forward (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Here's my response to the inaccurate article cmp produced.  After
> chatting with Marc I decided to post it myself.
>
> Since I know Ned reads this list, I formally request that he also
> insists PUBLICALLY that cmp correct their inaccuracies.  I'm rather
> disappointed (for lack of a more descriptive word) that Bruce has not
> already done so.

OK, I read the article.  Seems there are two major mistakes.  First,
they equate Great Bridge with PostgreSQL, and second, they don't know
the history of PostgreSQL.

If they fixed those two mistakes, the article would be OK.  Seems like
they have already been contacted and hopefully they will correct this.
(Not sure how they do that.)

In reading the article, I have to ask myself, "How upset would I be if
they had equated PostgreSQL, Inc or another company with PostgreSQL?"
Well, I certainly wouldn't like it, and would try to get it corrected.
However, I wouldn't consider it a major problem.  The press makes
mistakes like this all the time, and this press outlet is just too small
to worry about.

Pennsylvania19026