Re: Foreign key referencing subclasses. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Johannes Grødem
Subject Re: Foreign key referencing subclasses.
Date
List pgsql-sql
>> CREATE TABLE resource_record(
>>   rrid SERIAL
>>   -- etc.
>> );
> There is no primary key for this table. Just write PRIMARY KEY after
> SERIAL.

There is.  I accidentally left it out in the post.

> CREATE INDEX soa_record_pkey ON soa_record ( rrid );
> You could also state the referenced field name (you actually have to,
> if you happen to reference to a non-primary key field):

Ok, thanks.  This will work for this case, but I still want to be able
to reference resource_record*.  Will this be possible in later versions?
Inheritance isn't quite as useful if I can't.  Sorry to be such a whiner,
by the way.  PostgreSQL is great.

--
johs