Re: Maximum size of one table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent R. Matzelle
Subject Re: Maximum size of one table
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Jonas Lindholm <jonas.lindholm@omgroup.com> wrote:
> Can a table grow larger than maximum file size ?
> E.g. will PG create an additional file for the table ?
>
> I'm running PG 7.0.3 on Linux where the maximum file size is
> 2GB

The new Linux 2.4 kernel has blown away that file size barrier.
The new Large File Support (LFS) can now handle a monstrous 16
terabytes.  I compiled and have been running it on RedHat 7.0
for a couple months now.  The new kernel will also be included
in the upcoming 7.1 (Fisher) release of RedHat.

Brent