Re: Fw: Missing Shared Libraries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Fw: Missing Shared Libraries
Date
List pgsql-general
keith <keith@gmetech.com> said:

> [...]

Yep - you need to tell the Linux linker to check that directory for libraries. Since you're on RedHat, edit
/etc/ld.so.confand add this directory to the end of the file.

Then run /sbin/ldconfig (as root) to update the cache, and check with /sbin/ldconfig -p

If you have an "installation.html" file it should cover this there. The key thing when you install from source is to
read*all* the instructions (twice, making notes) otherwise, without experience the error messages can be a little
bewildering.

- Richard Huxton