Re: pl/Perl - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard H
Subject Re: pl/Perl
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 3/14/01, 5:04:49 PM, Jie Liang <jliang@ipinc.com> wrote regarding Re:
[SQL] pl/Perl :

> Tom,

I'm not the organ grinder, but maybe the monkey can help ;-)

> 1.Where or how I can get pltcl.so? I have not find this file anywhere in
> my
> source except a pltcl.c.

Did you set the relevant parameter with ./configure? Something like
--with-tcl probably --help will give a list of options.

> 2.Dose installation same as plpgsql?
> i.e.
> CREATE FUNCTION pltcl_call_handler () RETURNS OPAQUE AS
>           '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so' LANGUAGE 'C';

I just use the "createlang" command-line tool.

> CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'pltcl'
>           HANDLER pltcl_call_handler
>           LANCOMPILER 'PL/pgtcl';
> 3.Where I can find more doc about pltcl?

There's a bit in the user-manual (developer's version - 7.1 - anyway) on
the website.
Actually - there seems to be a break in the "Next" links in my local copy
of the docs. Is that just me?

Try a google search for tcl/tk - should turn up plenty of general stuff
on the language. I don't use it myself, but it seems great for simple
projects.

- Richard Huxton