Re: now() with microsecond granulity needed - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Radoslaw Stachowiak
Subject Re: now() with microsecond granulity needed
Date
List pgsql-sql
*** Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [Tuesday, 20.February.2001, 11:57 -0500]:
> > using now() to init TIMESTAMP fields I got resolution of one second. How
> > can I define DEFAULT in column (TIMESTAMP type) to get higher
> > time-resolution (TIMESTAMP supports microseconds).
>
> You could make a variant of now() that relies on gettimeofday() instead
> of time().  Note that you probably won't get microsecond precision in
> any case...

Do You mean changing sources and recompiling?
So there is no way of getting more accurate NOW time directly in SQL ?
/DEFAULT clause/ at this moment?

I just have now about 5..10 inserts per second, so in fact even ms would help
me.

--
radoslaw.stachowiak.........................................http://alter.pl/